While camp will still be the place we know and love, a place where children can grow, make friends, and try a variety of classes in a curiosity driven and nurturing environment, there will be some changes to the 2021 season in response to the COVID pandemic.
- Homegroups will be slightly smaller to accommodate for safer social distancing while in homegroup rooms. This means that with fewer spots, taking advantage of early registration is strongly recommended.
- In an effort to create a more pod-like environment and minimize the mixing of large numbers of children, we will be offering choice class bundles as opposed to individual choice classes. These bundles will be sets of two choice classes of which there will be a variety of combinations to select from.
- This summer, each homegroup will have it’s own focus which could range from movement, to table-top games, to crafting. While all Homegroups will experience a variety of activities throughout each session, the focus represents a period of time each day when campers engage in activities that align with the homegroup focus. This means that when you register for the season, you will also be choosing your camper’s homegroup focus. It will be possible to change homegroups from session to session.
- We will not be offering specialty camps this season.
- We will not be going on any field trips that involve busing or mass transit. We will roam as far as our legs can carry us!
- We will not be able to offer our extended day service. The camp day will end for all campers at 4pm.
- Should a homegroup need to quarantine due to a COVID19 regulations, affected families would be offered a prorated credit to a following session or 2022 season of Summers at LREI.
- Before arriving at camp, all families must provide a negative PCR COVID test for their camper. Tests must be taken during the week prior to arriving to campus.
- We are following all current CDC and NY City and State travel guidelines (see below). These are continually changing so please continue to refer to this page.
Any International Travel (regardless of CDC risk level):
- Must quarantine for 7 full days and monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Must test within the 3 days prior to the return to the US
- Must test on day 4-5 after returning to NY (travel day is day 0)
- Must be cleared to return to school by the nursing team